Subscription limits for ISAs are as follows:
|Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs)||2013/14||2012/13|
|Overall investment limit||£11,520||£11,280|
|Including cash maximum of||£5,760||£5,640|
The ISA limit will be increased annually based on the CPI index rounded to the nearest £120.
- ISAs are available to those 18 and over.
- Junior ISAs are available to those 17 and under
- Stakeholder cash and medium term products can be held in your ISA.
- Investments in ISAs are free of income tax and capital gains.
- ISAs allow you to take your money out at any time without losing tax relief and furthermore you are not required to declare income and capital gains from ISA savings.
- The income tax credit is restricted to 20%. Capital gains tax deferral relief is also available.
- ISA investments can include bonds which are issued by Multilateral Institutions.
- Child Trust Fund investment limit is £3,720. It is proposed to make arrangements for Child Trust Fund balances to be transferred into a Junior ISA.
- Key dates and deadlines
- Income tax
- Corporation tax
- Inheritance tax
- Capital gains tax
- Value added tax
- National insurance contributions
- Residential property letting
- Main capital allowances
- Business deductions
- Penalties for late returns
- Trusts and settlements
- Non domiciled individuals
- Mileage allowances
- Vehicle benefits 2013/14
- Vehicle benefits 2012/13
- Vehicle benefits 2011/12
- Vehicle duties