As with all aspects of our service, we aim to work with you to minimise your tax liabilities and maximise your wealth, and to build value and security for your family as well as your business. These guides are designed to provide you with personal planning essentials, but please contact us to discuss how we could help you.
This year's Budget was presented by the Chancellor on Wednesday 20 March. We have summarised the main changes together with a link to any subsequent announcements that relate to the Budget changes.
Autumn Statement 2012
Against a challenging economic backdrop, the Chancellor's Autumn Statement in December 2012 outlined a range of measures aimed at making the savings needed to protect the economy and invest in programmes for growth.
An Introduction to personal financial and tax planning
- An introduction to tax planning
- Tax planning is the legal process of arranging your affairs to minimise a tax liability.
- Intro to the tax system
- Tax law is more complicated than ever. As a consequence tax planning is more important than ever before. We are available to guide you through all aspects of the tax system.
- Planning aspects
- Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now.
- Home aspects
- The importance of careful planning extends to your home life as well as your business
- VCT and EIS
- Subscribers to VCT investments are eligible for tax relief of up to 30%. Professional advice must be sought before making investments that qualify for these reliefs.
- Recovery or 'double dip' recession centre
- We have a range of up to date articles and commentaries on the ongoing recovery.
- Aspects of investments and investing
- How much do you need to save? What saving is tax-efficient? When will you be a millionaire?
- What has happened to your retirement planning? When will you retire? How much will you need to live comfortably?
- Autumn Statement 2011
- News and analysis made by the Government.
- 2010 Economic Review
- For those interested in an overview of the ups (very few) and down this year. Read the Economic report here.
- Comprehensive Spending Review : 20 October 2010
- News and analysis made by the Government on the 20 October 2010.