Whether you are just starting out, or are at the helm of a seasoned business, these guides are intended to provide you with valuable business planning information.
This year's Budget was presented by the Chancellor on Wednesday 20 March. We have summarised the main changes together with a link to any subsequent announcements that relate to the Budget changes.
Autumn Statement 2012
Against a challenging economic backdrop, the Chancellor's Autumn Statement in December 2012 outlined a range of measures aimed at making the savings needed to protect the economy and invest in programmes for growth.
Discover our planning and tax planning insights
- Business start-up
- Looking to turning your business dreams into a reality? Our extensive experience and advice can signpost you to success.
- Limited companies
- More than 25 information guides including insights for company directors regarding the tax system for companies and how to save tax.
- Business finance
- Keeping your business dynamic and forward-looking is not just a matter of chasing new customers. It involves every aspect of the business operation, from marketing to product development, from administration to training, from financial management to creative thinking.
- Your customers
- The customer-driven business is a successful business. Here we look at ways of understanding your customers, of keeping them happy and of measuring their value to your business.
- Your employees
- No matter how much cash there is in the bank or how large its stock is, a firm's most valuable asset is its employees. Taking care of your staff can make the difference between an ordinary business and a truly successful one.
- Recovery news
- We have a range of up to date articles and commentaries on the effect of the recession on small businesses, banks, lending and saving, the economy and pensions and investments.
- Selling your business
- A strategy to maximise the assets of your business on its sale requires patient, advance planning.
- Are you a partner? Review these guides to discover important information about partnerships and planning.
- Sales and marketing
- No business can afford invisibility, which is why the way a business markets itself and how it plans its sales are vital to its development and growth.
- IT and e-business
- Information technology and the internet are increasingly central to businesses of every size and of every sector, and are set to become even more important in the future.
- Business regulations
- There are a number of rules with which businesses and employers need to comply. This section details the latest regulations to have come into effect.
- Business and the environment
- The actions that are being taken by governments to combat climate change will have a significant impact on businesses over the coming years. As well as helping to safeguard the environment, going 'green' can have several other advantages for a firm.
- Autumn Statement 2011
- News and analysis made by the Government.
- 2010 Economic Review
- For those interested in an overview of the ups (very few) and down this year. Read the Economic report here.
- Comprehensive Spending Review : 20 October 2010
- News and analysis made by the Government on the 20 October 2010.